Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Can You Buy Corn Tortillas

oil slick ...


[...] Why do you think my door is always closed? Because I'm afraid to open it, afraid of your silence and noise of the world. Have you ever wondered why I do not read newspapers and I do not see the news on TV. For a simple reason: because they scare me. I look like a patch of oil that gradually covers the reality. They are all stories of blood and destruction, hatred and threats. It 'a world without good news. And I do not think there is someone and hide. I believe that we are no longer able to give ourselves. We cheer and we are passionate about gadgets for futility when the things that matter go to hell. There, in my room, I have everything that makes me alive. And I seek what is lacking in the open air, in people I meet, I learn to esteem or love. In feats of nature and color. For the rest there have what I need. I really get passionate now, only to major disasters, those that can really change the course of history and life. Small slips of oil to me I'd rather not deal. I would like to stop them, but I do not know how. So I ignore them, I separated from the large network of communication, you build one of my own. On the other hand, Dad, you do not see that children living with the headphones? The ten steps or when they use the night or when they meet each other. They do not want to give it the luxury of time to make them mad. We have taken away all hope to share and we have closed in a gleaming supermarket where you can buy everything but from which it is impossible to escape. [...]



Based on the novel by Walter Veltroni The discovery of the dawn, Rizzoli

0 comments:

Post a Comment